When: February 1, 2016 Monday 7:30-8:30 pm
Where: HeCares Clinic
Who may attend: Serious athletes. By invitations ONLY
Instructor: Yael Dror
Description: Many people start to exercise to improve their health, but may find themselves sick more often. Athletes tend to get sick more often during the winter, damaging their training program and ability to stay fit. Why does it happen? What influence does exercise have on the immune system in the short & long term? According to studies, nutrition is very important for preventing disease, aiding recovery, and improving overall health. Yael Dror, sports nutrition expert, will focus in this presentation on answering the question: “How can we improve the reaction of the body to intense exercise through simple nutritional tips?”
Yael Dror- Professional Bio:
- Yael Dror is a passionate and accomplished Sports Nutritionist (B.Sc. in Nutrition and a M.Sc. in Physiology). Yael believes nutrition has tremendous power to help people feel more energetic, healthier, and achieve personal challenges in sports and in everyday life.
- Yael is supporting and guiding professional and amateur athletes of all ages. Worked with David Blatt the basketball coach, and past clients include Novak Djokovich, ranked Number 1 tennis player in the world.
- Yael has a sports nutrition clinic in Sunnyvale and provides lectures in the Bay Area on topics of Sports Nutrition, Healthy Diet for Healthy Weight, Food to Improve Moods, Children's Nutrition and more. She is working in collaboration with Stanford’s Sports Medicine Department, REI (Recreational Equipment, Inc.), SVTC (Silicon Valley Triathlon Club), YMCA and others.
- Formerly, Yael was the Director of the Sports Nutrition Department at MEDIX, the leading health center in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Yael worked with Israel’s national athletes in their preparation for the Olympic Games and with many international elite athletes and was a senior lecturer at many international health and sports professional conferences, academic institutions, including Tel Aviv University, and corporate organizations.
- Yael was a professional athlete in track & field and participated in many international competitions throughout Europe. Yael won 5 Israeli championships in Discus throwing.